Monday, July 5, 2010

The Autumn Effect

New Moon


I see the crimson soaked sea

silently screaming as stars slowly burn

Twilight is bruised as night begins to dawn

On this beach alone I whisper, "I believe"


The haze on the horizon causes doubt

as shadows and darkness rise to reign



Then I see Your face blazing in the harvest moon

shades of fire like burning coals in Your eyes

My last breath, I once thought so soon

Now fades away as my tears begin to cry



Waves of orange and black shatter silence

singing lullabies of praise to the air

As she rises higher amidst clouds with care

the whole earth seems to stand still


The haze is now a curtain torn in two

Jesus blesses me with this view





The Last Leaf



My words of help and sacrifice

are farther away than this ocean between us

Rise and fall with virtue and vice

Seasons to cycles as we decompose


The breath of your lying lips

more bitter than blood fed to wolves

Innocence drifts like the last leaf

of fall running to winter's final kiss



The recipe of our lives

is the most common ingredient



There is a time for everything

and a place for where it begins

Caustic fruit retains a sting

but only cold rain kills the sin



Absent minded actions of our youth

outweigh forgiveness from today

Sour is better than a sweet tooth

we are so much more than prey


The beautiful decay of the thing

that's killing all that holds you.

4 comments:

  1. thank you :) the first one was written after watching the moon rise over the water on the beach. tried to capture it as best as i could ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you wrote poetry. It's so cool! :) Keep it up, you're really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am. i just try to write based on however im feeling that day.

    ReplyDelete